TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.700 EXAMINATION ESTHETICS
Section 1175.700 Examination – Esthetics
a) Eligibility. Each applicant must meet the following requirements (see Section 3A-2 of the Act) prior to filing an application for the esthetician examination:
1) Be at least 16 years of age;
2) Be a high school graduate or its equivalent or be beyond the age of compulsory school attendance; and
3) Graduate from an esthetics or cosmetology school approved by the Division to teach esthetics in accordance with Subpart H, which includes a 750 hour program in the study of esthetics extending over a period of not less than 18 weeks nor more than 4 consecutive years.
b) Application. Each applicant shall file an application for examination, on forms provided by the Division. The application shall include:
1) An official transcript showing successful completion of the required training outlined in subsection (a) and a passing grade on the final examination or examinations administered by the school as set forth in Section 1175.845;
2) Official transcripts showing successful completion of remedial training (125-hour refresher course) when required by Section 3A-2 of the Act;
3) Proof of any name change (i.e., marriage license, divorce decree, affidavit or court order) if the applicant's name is other than that shown on the submitted;
4) If licensed as an esthetician or holding a related license in another state, a certification of licensure from the state of original licensure and from the state of current licensure or most recent practice;
5) The required fee set forth in Section 1175.100; and
6) The required examination fee required by the Department's testing service.
c) Examination. Each applicant shall take and pass the esthetics examination as required in Section 1175.710.
d) An applicant's training received from a cosmetology or esthetics school or similar institution located in another state, other jurisdiction of the United States, or foreign jurisdiction must substantially comply with the requirements set forth in Subpart H. An applicant seeking credit for training or licensure in a foreign country must provide educational training credentials and transcripts and/or evidence of licensure to determine if the applicant's program substantially complies with the requirements set forth in Subparts G and H. The Board may, as a means of assisting it in the review of foreign country training or licensure, require an applicant to submit his/her educational training credentials and transcripts and/or evidence of licensure to an approved education credentialing evaluation service or similar service approved by the Board for evaluation at the cost to the applicant. The Board may also require additional coursework or a 125-hour esthetician refresher course from a school licensed by the Division as set forth in Section 1175.836. The Board may also require an applicant to appear for an interview before the Board or to provide additional information to assist the Board in its evaluation of the applicant's training.
(Source: Amended at 42 Ill. Reg. 15159, effective August 10, 2018)