TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1160 ILLINOIS ATHLETIC TRAINERS PRACTICE ACT
SECTION 1160.30 APPLICATION FOR LICENSURE BY EXAMINATION
Section 1160.30 Application for Licensure by Examination
a) Any person seeking licensure as an athletic trainer shall file an application with the Division on forms provided by the Division. The application shall include the following:
1) Certification of graduation from an athletic training program approved in accordance with Section 1160.31 or a program approved by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) or its successor agency;
2) Verification of successful completion of the examination set forth in Section 1160.20 received directly from the designated testing service;
3) The required fee specified in Section 1160.35(a); and
4) Proof of current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillation (AED) for Healthcare Providers and Professional Rescuers or its equivalent based on American Red Cross or American Heart Association standards.
b) An applicant who applies to the Division in accordance with subsection (a) is eligible to practice temporarily in accordance with the provisions of Section 4 of the Act.
1) An applicant who has not yet taken the required examination may practice, under the supervision of a licensed athletic trainer, pending examination in accordance with the provisions of Section 4(5) of the Act, for no longer than 3 months. If an applicant fails the examination, he/she shall cease practice immediately. Practicing after failure of an examination or beyond the 3 months shall be considered the unlicensed practice of athletic training.
2) An applicant who has applied in writing to the Division for licensure and has complied with all the provisions of Section 9 of the Act may practice in accordance with the provisions of Section 4(9) for no longer than 6 months or until notification has been given that licensure has been granted or denied. Practicing after denial of an application or beyond the 6 months shall be considered the unlicensed practice of athletic training.
(Source: Amended at 41 Ill. Reg. 981, effective January 27, 2017)