TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
PART 690 NURSE AGENCY LICENSING ACT
SECTION 690.70 STANDARDS FOR OPERATION OF AN AGENCY
Section 690.70 Standards For Operation of an Agency
a) Each licensee shall have a registered nurse serving as manager or supervisor of all nurses and certified nurses aides.
b) Each licensee shall develop and maintain written personnel policies and procedures with regard to its nurses and certified nurse aides. Policies and Procedures must be available in each location from which an agency is operated. Minimum standards shall include, but are not limited to:
1) An in-person interview of an applicant performed or supervised by a registered nurse;
2) Reference checks of an applicant:
A) Every licensee shall check at least two recent references and dates of employment listed on the application unless the applicant has not had two previous employers;
B) Such verification may be in writing, in person or by telephone. The licensee shall keep a written record of such reference checks in the personnel file for a period of two (2) calendar years;
3) Licensee will verify with the Department of Public Health or the Department of Professional Regulation that each applicant is certified or registered as stated on application;
4) An annual health examination, which shall include a Mantoux tuberculosis test, to determine the nurse or certified nurse aide is free of communicable, contagious or infectious diseases. A physician or a RN shall administer and read the Mantoux tuberculosis test;
5) An annual evaluation of each nurse or certified nurse aide; such evaluation shall be maintained in personnel file for a period of 2 years;
6) CPR certification;
7) Orientation procedures.