TITLE 62: MINING
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
PART 240 THE ILLINOIS OIL AND GAS ACT
SECTION 240.465 SPECIAL DRILLING UNIT
Section 240.465 Special Drilling Unit
a) The Department shall consider a petition to establish a special drilling unit based on whether:
1) the well density specified in Section 240.430(a) is maintained; and
2) a standard drilling unit cannot be formed utilizing the integration provisions of Section 240.132.
b) Upon petition of any person having an interest in oil and gas in a lease or drilling unit, when the proposed drilling unit size and shape is other than that specified in Section 240.410, the Department shall initiate a review of the petition to determine whether the petition will be accepted. If the permit is accepted, a public hearing will be scheduled pursuant to Section 240.460(e).
c) Contents of the petition shall include:
1) the name and address of the petitioner;
2) a legal land description of the drilling unit sought to be established;
3) a description of the petitioner's interest in oil or gas in the drilling unit at issue; and
4) the petitioner's reason for requesting a special drilling unit, including the submission of supporting geologic and engineering data.
d) Applications to establish a special drilling unit shall be processed in accordance with the petition filing, execution, public notice and hearing provisions specified under Section 240.460(d) through (n).
(Source: Amended at 42 Ill. Reg. 5811, effective March 14, 2018)