TITLE 62: MINING
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
PART 240 THE ILLINOIS OIL AND GAS ACT
SECTION 240.425 CHANGE OF A PERMITTED DRILLING LOCATION
Section 240.425 Change of a Permitted Drilling Location
a) If, after a permit is issued but prior to the commencement of drilling, the permittee determines that the permitted location is impractical to drill:
1) The permittee is allowed, without prior approval from the Department, to move the location a maximum of 60 feet from the permitted location, provided the amended location meets the requirements of Section 240.410 or the location exceptions in Section 240.420. A surveyed, amended application, showing the amended location and the reason the location was moved, shall be submitted to the Department within 10 days after moving the location.
2) If the proposed well location is more than 60 feet from the permitted location, provided the amended location meets the requirements of Section 240.410 or the location exceptions in Section 240.410, a surveyed, amended application must be submitted showing the proposed location and the reason the location is requested. Approval for the location must be received from the Department prior to the commencement of drilling.
b) If, during drilling, the well is lost (collapsed casing or hole, etc.), the permittee may terminate drilling and move the rig up to 30 feet from the permitted location and commence drilling operations, provided that:
1) the permittee notifies the District Office prior to the move and receives approval;
2) a new application and fee is submitted within 10 days in accordance with Section 240.220; and
3) the new location is in compliance with all other requirements of this Part.
(Source: Added at 43 Ill. Reg. 10459, effective September 6, 2019)