TITLE 62: MINING
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
PART 240 THE ILLINOIS OIL AND GAS ACT
SECTION 240.395 UPDATE OF CLASS II UIC WELL PERMITS ISSUED PRIOR TO JULY 1, 1987
Section 240.395 Update of Class II UIC Well Permits Issued Prior to July 1, 1987
a) All Class II UIC wells permitted as injection or disposal wells prior to July 1, 1987 that have not previously been reviewed in conjunction with the Department's Class II UIC Program shall be reviewed by the Department to establish:
1) current injection intervals;
2) maximum injection pressures and rates in accordance with Section 240.340(c) and (e); and
3) compliance with well construction requirements for existing Class II UIC wells in accordance with Sections 240.730, 240.740 and 240.770 of this Part.
b) Within thirty (30) days of receiving written notice of a well review under this Section, the permittee shall submit all requested information and records necessary to enable the Department to complete its review and update of the permit.
c) Based upon the review, the Department shall either:
1) update the Class II UIC well permit for specified injection intervals with maximum injection rate and pressure; or
2) notify the permittee of any remedial work that must be completed to bring the well into compliance.
d) If the Department notifies the permittee that remedial work is necessary, the permittee shall shut in the well until such work is completed.
(Source: Added at 15 Ill. Reg. 15493, effective October 10, 1991)