TITLE 62: MINING
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
PART 240 THE ILLINOIS OIL AND GAS ACT
SECTION 240.245 ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR HORIZONTAL DRILLING
Section 240.245 Additional Requirements for Horizontal Drilling
a) If the applicant intends to drill one or more horizontal drainholes using a short radius, from a vertical wellbore, the wellbore shall be spaced in accordance with Section 240.455.
b) The wellbore shall require only one permit.
c) The application for horizontal drilling shall include:
1) The legal location of the vertical wellbore and the proposed legal location of the bottomhole termination of each horizontal drainhole.
2) A plat map showing the surface location of the vertical wellbore and the location and length of each proposed horizontal drainhole. The applicant shall mark each horizontal drainhole on the application with a separate identifier.
3) A copy of the directional drilling survey for each horizontal drainhole shall be submitted to the Department within sixty (60) days after the completion of drilling of the horizontal drainhole.
4) A Well Completion Report shall be submitted for the vertical wellbore, if the vertical wellbore is newly drilled, and for each horizontal drainhole in accordance with Section 240.640 (a).
5) A Well Drilling Report shall be submitted for the vertical wellbore, if the vertical wellbore is newly drilled, and for each horizontal drainhole in accordance with Section 240.640 (b).
(Source: Added at 19 Ill. Reg. 10981, effective July 14, 1995)