TITLE 59: MENTAL HEALTH
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
PART 132 MEDICAID COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES PROGRAM
SECTION 132.80 PERSONNEL AND STAFFING REQUIREMENTS
Section 132.80 Personnel and Staffing Requirements
Establish and maintain an organizational structure that includes a staffing structure and management system consistent with the following:
a) Employ a full-time LPHA to oversee and direct the clinical functions of the CMHC;
b) Maintain staff with training and credentialing to provide interdisciplinary person-centered care, evidence based/informed practices, developmentally appropriate trauma informed care, and culturally and linguistically responsive services.
c) When good cause is established by the organization, an exception to the full-time status of the LPHA may be granted by the Department in accordance with the process and criteria outlined in this subsection (c).
1) The organization shall submit a request for consideration of waiver to the Department detailing the reasons for the request.
2) The organization shall provide a detailed staffing plan that includes the number and credential levels of all staff providing direct services that include a calculation of the hours of clinical supervision necessary to meet the requirements of Section 132.55(e)(4).
3) The organization shall provide a projected number of individuals to be served on annual basis and calculation of the hours required for provision of clinical oversight and direction of all clinical functions related to those services. This calculation shall be based on a needs assessment of the service area completed by the organization.
4) The organization shall propose a staffing equivalency for clinical oversight and direction by the LPHA that is sufficient to meet the needs identified in Section 132.80(c)(2) and (3).
5) The organization shall describe a plan to ensure access to clinical direction and oversight of an LPHA by less-credentialed staff in the event of emergent situations.
6) Request for an exception must be submitted to the Department for consideration at least 30 calendar days prior to the anticipated need for the exception.