TITLE 56: LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT
CHAPTER XIII: DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
PART 6000 AMUSEMENT RIDE AND ATTRACTION SAFETY ACT
SECTION 6000.280 NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING
Section 6000.280 Non-Destructive Testing
a) The owner or agent shall provide the Department with a certificate of non-destructive testing for each part for which the manufacturer recommends or the Board requires testing.
b) Persons performing non-destructive testing on amusement ride or amusement attraction components, also known as "technicians" under this Section, must be qualified as NDT Level II or III in accordance with the ASNT Recommended Practice No. SNT-TC-1A. Only qualified individuals may perform non-destructive testing on amusement ride or amusement attraction components. The Department may require submission of technicians' current certifications or accept previously submitted certifications.
c) The Department shall maintain and disseminate a listing of all amusement ride or amusement attraction components requiring non-destructive testing. This list shall include the test specifications and frequency of testing.
d) A separate non-destructive testing report must be submitted for each amusement ride or amusement attraction. Each non-destructive test report must contain all of the following information or the test will be rejected by the Department:
1) The name of the amusement ride or amusement attraction.
2) The name of the amusement company for which the non-destructive test technician is performing the non-destructive test. The company name indicated on the report must be the same company name indicated on the permit application.
3) The name of the manufacturer of the amusement ride or amusement attraction.
4) The amusement ride's or amusement attraction's serial number. The technician's signature indicates verification that the serial number indicated on the form is the true serial number of the amusement ride or amusement attraction being tested.
5) The date the non-destructive test was performed.
6) A statement identifying each part of the amusement ride or amusement attraction that the manufacturer or the Amusement Ride and Attraction Safety Board requires to be tested, and verifying that the test was performed in compliance with such requirements.
7) The manufacturer's bulletin numbers applicable to the amusement ride or amusement attraction.
8) A statement indicating the results of the tests performed.
9) The name, address, and telephone number of the testing firm.
10) The name, business address, and business telephone number of the technician performing the test.
11) The signature and printed name of the person who performed the non-destructive test and the person's level of certification with the American Society for Nondestructive Testing.
e) If a manufacturer has required an overhaul or mandatory replacement of any part of an amusement ride or amusement attraction, the owner or operator must submit proof that the overhaul or replacement was completed with the permit application. An invoice will suffice for proof of replacement parts.
(Source: Amended at 46 Ill. Reg. 9899, effective May 26, 2022)