TITLE 56: LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT
CHAPTER XIII: DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
PART 6000 AMUSEMENT RIDE AND ATTRACTION SAFETY ACT
SECTION 6000.270 INFLATABLE AMUSEMENT ATTRACTIONS
Section 6000.270 Inflatable Amusement Attractions
All inflatable amusement attractions shall meet the manufacturer's standards and specifications.
a) Anchorage in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications shall be provided for inflatable amusement attractions and examined daily.
b) The fabric on inflatable amusement attractions shall be examined daily for rips and tears and those found shall be repaired immediately.
c) Ventilators and fans shall be shielded by one of the following methods:
1) Fencing around unit;
2) Mesh guarding over unit; or
3) Total enclosure.
d) Covered or enclosed inflatable amusement attractions shall be so designed that if a power failure occurs the structure will remain substantially erect for more than the time required to evacuate the normal rated occupancy or 5 minutes, whichever is the longer period.
e) No inflatable amusement attraction shall be placed in service unless the owner:
1) Complies with the applicable ASTM F2374 standard (ASTM F2374-17 for attractions manufactured on or after January 1, 2021; ASTM F2374-10 otherwise); and
2) Complies with ASTM F2374-17, Appendices X2 (Anchoring System Design) and X7 (Staking Guidelines).
f) No inflatable amusement attraction manufactured after January 1, 2020 shall be placed in service unless the owner:
1) Receives certification that the attraction has been designed, constructed and tested to the standards established by ASTM F2374-17;
2) Obtains and complies with the manual containing the operation procedures established by ASTM F2374-17; and
3) Obtains and complies with the maintenance procedures manual established by ASTM F2374-17.
(Source: Amended at 44 Ill. Reg. 19907, effective December 8, 2020)