TITLE 56: LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT
CHAPTER XIII: DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
PART 6000 AMUSEMENT RIDE AND ATTRACTION SAFETY ACT
SECTION 6000.260 CHAIN
Section 6000.260 Chain
a) Twisted wire or stamped chain is not permitted.
b) Chains with manufacturers certified load carrying capacities must be utilized for safety devices and stress bearing applications.
c) Any of the following shall be cause for chain replacement:
1) A 10% reduction in material diameter at the worn portion of the link;
2) A twisted or disfigured link;
3) Physical deterioration of a link by strain, usage, rust or corrosion;
4) Used for a purpose other than that for which the manufacturer recommended; or
5) Used to carry a load in excess of the manufacturer's working load limit.
d) Cold Shuts, "S" hooks, repair and lap links, and other hardware grade attachments must be welded shut if used to support passengers.
(Source: Amended at 18 Ill. Reg. 13384, effective September 1, 1994)