TITLE 56: LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT
CHAPTER XIII: DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
PART 6000 AMUSEMENT RIDE AND ATTRACTION SAFETY ACT
SECTION 6000.85 REQUIREMENTS FOR LIABILITY INSURANCE
Section 6000.85 Requirements for Liability Insurance
The owner, operator, agent or manager shall have in force liability insurance in the amounts specified in Section 2-14 of the Act.
a) Liability Insurance
1) Proof of insurance shall be a copy of the policy or policies, including all endorsements, or a certificate of insurance issued by the insurer and filed with the Department's Amusement Ride and Attraction Safety Division.
2) The company or companies affording coverage shall have a current Best's Financial Strength Rating of "B+" or better and a current Best's Financial Size Category of class "V" or better.
3) Policies and certificates issued by companies not a part of the Illinois Insurance Guaranty Fund shall bear a surplus lines stamp.
b) Self-Insured Governmental Bodies
1) A governmental body that is self-insured shall submit a Statement of Self-Insurance at least as great as those required by Section 2-14 of the Act.
2) If the governmental body's self-insurance is not as great as required, then the body shall also submit documentation of its excess coverage, either through a conventional insurance company or an insurance pool. If the excess coverage is through a conventional insurance carrier, then the A.M. Best ratings as stated in this Section shall apply. If a pool is used, the pool shall be registered with the Department of Insurance, and shall submit a financial statement to the Department's Amusement Ride and Attraction Safety Division evidencing a surplus to liability ratio of at least 2.5 to 1.
(Source: Amended at 44 Ill. Reg. 19907, effective December 8, 2020)