TITLE 41: FIRE PROTECTION
CHAPTER III: BOARD OF BOILER AND PRESSURE VESSEL RULES
PART 2123 BOILER AND PRESSURE VESSEL RULES FOR HEARINGS
SECTION 2123.90 REPRESENTATION
Section 2123.90 Representation
a) A party may be represented by an attorney who is licensed in Illinois. Attorneys who appear in a representative capacity must file written notice of appearance setting forth:
1) The name, address and telephone number of the attorney;
2) The name and address of the party represented; and
3) An affirmative statement indicating that the attorney is licensed in Illinois.
b) An attorney may withdraw from employment as a representative only upon written notice, to the Office, stating the specific reasons therefor.
c) Any individual may appear on his or her own behalf.
d) A corporation may be represented by an officer, upon presentation to the Office of a duly executed resolution of the Board of Directors authorizing the action in a representative capacity and setting forth the power which the officer is authorized to exercise.
e) A partnership may be represented by any partner, upon presentation to the Office of written authorization from all the partners authorizing action in a representative capacity.
f) Any failure to behave in a manner which permits the efficient functioning of the Office will authorize the Board or hearing officer to take any of the following actions:
1) Limitation of evidence;
2) Substitution of written argument in place of oral argument;
3) Exclusion of an attorney from the proceeding;
4) Suspension or revocation of the person, including an attorney's right to appear before the Board or hearing officer.
g) If any of the above actions are taken by the Board or hearing officer, it shall be done as a matter of record, and the Board or hearing officer shall state for the record the specific reasons therefor.