TITLE 41: FIRE PROTECTION
CHAPTER III: BOARD OF BOILER AND PRESSURE VESSEL RULES
PART 2121 BOILER AND PRESSURE VESSEL REPAIRER REGULATIONS
SECTION 2121.30 APPLICATION FOR LICENSE
Section 2121.30 Application for License
a) All applications for a license as a boiler or pressure vessel repairer, whether located in Illinois or out-of-state, shall be submitted to OSFM, on forms provided by OSFM, and shall include all the information required by this Section.
1) Organizations that desire to practice boiler or pressure vessel repairs in this State, in accordance with Section 40 of the Act, shall file an application with OSFM, on forms provided by OSFM, together with the following:
A) A valid Certificate of Authorization to use the "R" Repair Symbol Stamp issued by the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors;
B) The name and address of all officers (as defined in Section 2121.20) of the boiler or pressure vessel repairer. The address shall be an actual street address and shall include the city, state and zip code. A post office box number is not acceptable as an address;
C) If an assumed name is to be used, a copy of the assumed name certificate; and
D) A Certificate of Insurance in the amount of $300,000 to cover losses, naming OSFM as a person to be notified in the event of cancellation or nonrenewal.
2) Corporations, in addition to the requirements of subsection (a), shall submit the following:
A) The name and registered address of the corporation, and the name and address of the Registered Agent;
B) A copy of the Articles of Incorporation bearing the seal of the officer, in the jurisdiction in which the corporation is organized, whose duty it is to register corporations under the laws of that jurisdiction. If it is a foreign corporation, a copy of the Certificate of Authority to transact business in this State is also required; and
C) If an assumed name is to be used, a copy of the assumed name certificate.
3) Partnerships, in addition to the requirements of subsection (a)(1), shall submit the following:
A) An application containing the name and business address of the partnership and the names and addresses of all general partners; and
B) An affidavit stating that the partnership has been legally formed.
4) Limited partnerships, in addition to the requirements of subsections (a)(1) and (a)(3), shall submit the following:
A) A letter of authority from the Secretary of State's Business Services Department; and
B) A listing of all limited partners.
b) After reviewing the application, OSFM shall notify the applicant of the reason for the denial of the license or, if being granted, invoice the applicant for the appropriate fee as follows:
1) Initial License − $300; or
2) Renewal License − $150 (except as otherwise provided in Section 2121.100(e)(2). A certificate of registration previously issued under this Part shall be deemed a license and the renewal fee shall remain $150, except as provided in Section 2121.100(f).
c) Upon receipt of the appropriate fee, OSFM shall issue a license authorizing the organization to engage in boiler and pressure vessel repairs.
(Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 9050, effective July 1, 2011)