TITLE 41: FIRE PROTECTION
CHAPTER III: BOARD OF BOILER AND PRESSURE VESSEL RULES
PART 2120 BOILER AND PRESSURE VESSEL SAFETY
SECTION 2120.50 INSPECTORS, EXAMINATIONS, CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY AND COMMISSION.
Section 2120.50 Inspectors, Examinations, Certificate of Competency and Commission.
1) Examinations for Certificate of Competency and Commission as an Inspector of Boilers and Pressure Vessels shall be held the first Wednesday of the months of March, June, September and December. Special examinations will be held when considered necessary by the Board.
2) Applicants for examination for a Special Inspector shall have 3 years experience in the construction, maintenance, repair or operation of high pressure boilers and pressure vessels. A credit of 2 years of the required experience will be given to applicants holding a Mechanical Engineering degree from a college of engineering and one year's credit will be given for all other types of engineering degrees.
3) Application for examination for Certificate of Competency and Commission shall be written upon a form to be furnished by OSFM stating the educational background of the applicant, a list of employers, period of employment and position held with each employer. Applications containing willful falsification or untruthful statements shall be rejected. If the applicant's education and experience meet the requirements of the Board, the applicant shall be given the written examination dealing with the construction, installation, operation, maintenance and repair of boilers, pressure vessels and their appurtenances. If the applicant is successful in meeting the requirements of the Board, a Certificate of Competency and Commission will be issued by OSFM. An applicant who fails to pass the examination will be notified and permitted to take another written examination.
1) A Commission as an Inspector and an identifying commission card shall be issued by the State Fire Marshal as provided in the Act.
2) Commissions issued to inspectors in the employ of insurance companies or of owner-users shall be held at the office of the employing company. The Commission and the identifying commission card shall be returned to the Chief Inspector when suspended or revoked or the inspector to whom the Commission was issued is no longer employed by the insurance company or self-insurer.
3) A Commission issued to an Inspector may be suspended or revoked by the State Fire Marshal as provided in the Act.
4) Reciprocal Commissions. A Reciprocal Commission as an Inspector may be issued by the State Fire Marshal as provided in the Act.
(Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 9028, effective July 1, 2011)