TITLE 41: FIRE PROTECTION
CHAPTER I: OFFICE OF THE STATE FIRE MARSHAL
PART 251 FIRE EQUIPMENT DISTRIBUTOR AND EMPLOYEE STANDARDS
SECTION 251.50 CERTIFICATION TAGS
Section 251.50 Certification Tags
a) An affixed certification tag indicates that the fire extinguisher or fire suppression system was thoroughly checked and found to meet all requirements of this Part at the time the tag was affixed.
b) Certification tags shall meet the following specifications:
1) Minimum Size: 2⅝" x 5¼".
2) The year shall be printed in a minimum of ½" in height.
c) The certification tag shall have only one year printed on it.
d) Certification service tags shall bear the following information on the front of the tag:
1) "Do Not Remove by Order of the State Fire Marshal".
2) Signature of the person who performed the maintenance on the extinguisher or system. The use of a signature stamp is allowed.
3) State license number of the person who performed the maintenance.
4) Name of the distributor, State license number, street address, city, state and phone number.
5) Type of maintenance performed (shall be punched).
6) Month and year serviced (shall be punched).
7) Department of Transportation approval number (if applicable).
8) Type of extinguisher/item serviced (shall be punched) (fire extinguisher only).
9) Type of system (shall be punched) (engineered or pre-engineered systems only).
e) The certification tags shall be the following color for the respective calendar year in which the tag is affixed:
1) 2008 − White
2) 2009 − Yellow
3) 2010 − Green
4) 2011 − Blue
5) 2012 − White
6) 2013 − Yellow