TITLE 38: FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
PART 145 DEBT SETTLEMENT CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT
SECTION 145.120 RECEIPTS
Section 145.120 Receipts
a) The receipt that a debt settlement provider issues shall include the following:
1) The name and address or other identifying information of the individual who submits the payment to the provider;
2) The amount of money received and the form of payment (cash, check number, money order, etc.);
3) The date the money was received by the provider;
4) The representative of the provider who accepted the payment; and
5) A transaction or confirmation number that can be matched with the office record of the provider.
b) A debt settlement provider shall not charge a fee for issuing any receipt.