TITLE 29: EMERGENCY SERVICES, DISASTERS, AND CIVIL DEFENSE
CHAPTER I: EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY
SUBCHAPTER f: CHEMICAL SAFETY
PART 620 EMERGENCY PLANNING AND COMMUNITY RIGHT-TO-KNOW
SECTION 620.100 EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION
Section 620.100 Emergency Notification
a) Types of Releases
The types of releases which are identified in Section 304(a) of the Act (42 USCA 11004(a)) shall be the types of releases that shall be subject to the emergency notification requirements of this Section.
1) Notice required under Section 304(a) of the Act shall be given immediately after a release to the recipients of notice and in accordance with Section 304(b)(1) of the Act and 29 Ill. Adm. Code 430. Notification to the SERC shall be made by telephoning 1-800-782-7860.
2) Content of an emergency notice shall include information required in Section 304(b)(2) of the Act.
3) The owner or operator of a facility that has provided a notification in accordance with this subsection(b) shall provide a written follow-up notice in accordance with Section 304(c) of the Act.
4) In providing emergency notification of a release in accordance with Section 304(b) of the Act with respect to transportation or storage incidents, the owner or operator of a facility shall notify the SERC by telephoning 1-800-782-7860 in Illinois.
5) A facility owner or operator in a corporate headquarters outside Illinois whose transportation carrier is involved in an incident in Illinois reportable under the provisions of Section 304 of Title III of SARA (42 USCA 11004) may make an emergency notification to the Illinois SERC in accordance with Section 304 of the Act by dialing 217-782-7860.
(Source: Amended at 22 Ill. Reg. 1294, effective January 1, 1998)