TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE A: EDUCATION
CHAPTER I: STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
SUBCHAPTER o: MISCELLANEOUS
PART 525 REGIONAL OFFICES OF EDUCATION AND INTERMEDIATE SERVICES
SECTION 525.50 ANNUAL APPLICATION
Section 525.50 Annual Application
a) Each ROE, Cook County ISC, or CPS shall submit an annual application. The application shall include the following components.
1) A cover page that identifies the ROE, ISC or CPS and, in the case of an Intermediate Service Center Governing Board, shows that the Board has formally approved a motion granting authority to submit the application.
2) A description of the services, along with specific activities and timelines, that will be provided by the ROE, ISC or CPS pursuant to Sections 2-3.62 and 2-3.53 of the School Code and this Part, either directly or in cooperation with other ROEs or ISCs.
A) The proposed services shall be based upon the identification of the school improvement needs of the school districts to be served and how those will be provided (e.g., on-site consultations, meetings, workshops, conferences, other means).
B) Those entities that voluntarily choose to work in cooperation with each other shall ensure that the school improvement needs of the school districts in each region are considered.
3) A plan for evaluating the usefulness of the services provided and whether they meet the needs of the school districts in the respective service region, service center, or in the case of CPS, its schools. The evaluation shall specify the progress made toward meeting each need identified and describe the procedures to be taken to address those needs in which inadequate progress was made and those that continue to be a priority.
4) Job descriptions for the professional and nonprofessional staff to be employed to provide the services and programs specified under Section 525.10. If there will be part-time employees, then the approximate percentage of time they will be assigned to activities shall be submitted. Resumes shall not be submitted.
5) A budget summary and payment schedule, as well as a budget breakdown (i.e., a detailed explanation of each line item of expenditure).
6) The certifications, assurances and program-specific terms of the grant as the State Superintendent of Education may require, to be signed by each applicant that is a party to the application and submitted with the proposal.
b) Applications shall be reviewed by State Board of Education staff. If an application does not meet the criteria set forth in Section 2-3.62 of the School Code and this Part, then State Board staff shall contact the applicant and request the submission of an amended application.
c) Upon determining that an application is in compliance with Sections 2-3.62 and 2-3.53 of the School Code and this Part, the contents of the approved application shall be incorporated into a grant agreement to be signed by the State Superintendent of Education or designee, and the Regional Superintendent of Education, Chief Administrative Officer for the ISC or Chief Executive Officer or designee for CPS, as applicable.
(Source: Amended at 40 Ill. Reg. 5038, effective March 2, 2016)