TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE A: EDUCATION
CHAPTER I: STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
SUBCHAPTER g: SPECIAL COURSES OF STUDY
PART 256 CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
SECTION 256.310 ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS, ALLOCATIONS, AND APPLICATION FOR FUNDING
Section 256.310 Eligible Applicants, Allocations, and Application for Funding
a) The State Board will allocate funds to CTSOs that are recognized by the National Coordinating Council of Career and Technical Student Organizations (Coordinating Council) (https://www.ctsos.org/) as National CTSOs.
b) The State Board will allocate funds to State CTSOs (CTSOs that are not recognized as official CTSOs by the U.S. Department of Education through the Coordinating Council) if the CTSO receives a designation indicating eligibility for funding at the State level in the fiscal year for which funds are allocated and maintains eligibility as a State-recognized CTSO, through the State Board, by:
1) filing an approvable application in accordance with posted deadlines as indicated at http://www.isbe.net/cte;
2) completing an annual report, as specified by the State Board; and
3) ensuring compliance with provisions for providing leadership development opportunities for students, as specified by the State Board.
c) The State Superintendent shall provide a formula for allocation, a planned allotment, and the application for funding to all recognized CTSOs. Required funding application components may be submitted no later than the date specified by the State Superintendent, with at least 30 calendar days in which to submit proposals. At a minimum, the formula for allocation shall take into consideration the participation or enrollment of students in each specific CTSO.
d) Financial support for activities of CTSOs shall include, but is not limited to, the following expenditures:
1) administrative salaries and travel expenses;
2) materials and supplies;
4) Statewide supportive services for the specific career pathways related to the CTSO, including leadership activities, career exploration activities and team-based challenges, as defined in the Career Pathways Dictionary, and essential employability skills; and
5) facility usage fees commensurate with leadership and career development events.
e) Any CTSO recognized as a State CTSO that does not have a designation indicating eligibility for funding at the State level under subsection (b) will not receive funding from the State Board under this Section, but may receive Perkins V or State CTE funding through eligible recipients.