TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER V: ILLINOIS LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING AND STANDARDS BOARD
PART 1730 MANDATORY FIREARMS TRAINING FOR PEACE OFFICERS
SECTION 1730.50 RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BOARD
Section 1730.50 Responsibilities of the Board
a) The Board shall develop and publish a detailed curriculum of the required course of training.
b) Advisory Councils
1) The Board shall arrange for training courses to be conducted at least twice each year within the geographical boundaries of each of the Illinois State Police Districts. This shall be accomplished through advisory councils composed of one representative from each of the following agencies:
A) A municipal police department;
B) A sheriff's office;
C) A state's attorney's office;
D) The district office of the Illinois State Police;
E) An appropriate office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
2) Where logic would dictate, the membership of these individual councils may be increased, but to no more than 10 members in any one district.
3) Appointments to these advisory councils shall be the responsibility of the chairman of the Board.
1) The Board's staff shall conduct appropriate inspections to ensure the required participation of the pertinent units of government.
2) The Board shall, in its annual report, indicate the results of the staff inspections and provide other related information and recommendations as it deems proper.
(Source: Amended at 32 Ill. Reg. 3284, effective February 22, 2008)