TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER II: DEPARTMENT OF STATE POLICE
PART 1286 TESTING OF BREATH, BLOOD AND URINE FOR ALCOHOL, OTHER DRUGS, AND INTOXICATING COMPOUNDS
SECTION 1286.150 ACCREDITING BAIS
Section 1286.150 Accrediting BAIs
The Director or his/her designee is authorized to accredit persons to be BAIs subject to the requirements of this Section. BAIs are accredited to perform all appropriate BAI functions described in this Part.
a) The BAIs must be BAOs and meet all BAO licensing requirements.
b) The candidate must display knowledge and understanding through specialized training in all of the following areas:
1) Psychological, physiological, and pharmacological effects of alcohol in the human body;
2) Proficiency on all approved evidentiary instruments and the analytical processes used to measure BrAC;
3) Maintenance, calibration, and repair procedures on all approved evidentiary instruments; and
4) Knowledge of current DUI issues, the administrative rules, and case law.
c) Under the direction and control of the Director or his/her designee, BAI candidates must pass the following:
1) The written breath analysis operator's examination with a minimum score of 100 percent;
2) The written breath analysis instructor's examination with a minimum score of 90 percent; and
3) A proficiency examination for each approved evidentiary instrument.
d) The Director or his/her designee will evaluate the appropriateness of maintaining an individual's BAI accreditation. Other than keeping their BAO license current, BAIs are not required to retake the examinations in subsection (c) to retain their accreditation.
e) The Department will maintain a list of accredited BAIs.
(Source: Amended at 28 Ill. Reg. 10017, effective June 30, 2004)