TITLE 17: CONSERVATION
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
SUBCHAPTER g: GRANTS
PART 3051 ILLINOIS NATURAL AREAS STEWARDSHIP GRANT PROGRAM
SECTION 3051.40 APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY
Section 3051.40 Applicant Eligibility
a) Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the Grant Program:
1) Applicants must be conservation land trusts;
2) Applicants must be in good standing with the federal Internal Revenue Service by holding current status as exempt from taxation under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; and
3) Applicants cannot be an agency, organization, or entity that has taxing powers, collects taxes, or has eminent domain powers. [525 ILCS 31/20]
b) To be eligible for the Grant Program, applicants shall include only eligible land in their proposals.
c) If the applicant's proposal includes eligible land owned by another entity, to be eligible for the Grant Program, the applicant:
1) shall have a properly executed agreement with the owner of the land allowing the applicant to perform the proposed project; and
2) shall document that the Commission has been notified of the agreement between the applicant and the owner of the land allowing the applicant to perform the proposed project.