TITLE 14: COMMERCE
SUBTITLE A: REGULATION OF BUSINESS
CHAPTER I: SECRETARY OF STATE
PART 180 UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE
SECTION 180.14 PUBLIC RECORD SERVICES
Section 180.14 Public Record Services
Public record services are provided on a non-discriminatory basis to any member of the public on the terms described in this Part. The following are made available for obtaining copies of UCC and Federal Tax Lien records and copies of data from the UCC information management system.
a) Individually identified records. Copies of individually identified UCC and Federal Tax Lien filings are available upon request on a submitted UCC-11 information request form.
1) Fees for UCC-11 information request for debtor name searched are $10.
2) Fees for Federal Tax Lien taxpayer name to be searched are $5.
3) Fees for copies of images.
A) Copies of UCC images are $1 per copy page requested.
B) Copies of Federal Tax Lien images are $.50 per page requested.
b) Bulk Data File Transfer Protocol (FTP). Data file transfers are available upon written request, along with payment in advance, to the Director of the Department of Business Services.
1) Full Extract. A full extract of the master file of all historical data of UCC and Federal Tax Lien data from the management system is available for a one-time fee of $2,500 payable in advance.
2) Update Extracts. A weekly update of the UCC and Federal Tax Lien data from management system is available for a fee of $200 per week, payable in advance.
c) CD Subscription. A written request to receive UCC and Federal Tax Lien images on CD-Rom may be submitted, along with advance payment, to the UCC Division. The CDs will be mailed to each subscriber twice each month. The first mailing will occur within four business days after the 15th of each month. The second CD mailing will occur within four business days after the last business day of each month.
1) Fees for CD subscriptions are $250 each month, payable in advance.
2) Mailings may be requested to be shipped overnight at the expense of the subscriber. Express mail labels and packages must be submitted to the filing office prior to each mailing.
d) Direct Access On-line Services. Data may be accessed through a direct link into the government database by use of an assigned Remote Access Identification Number (RAQF ID). A contract for Direct Access must be obtained from the Illinois Secretary of State Office of General Counsel.
1) Fees are determined pursuant to contract (see 44 Ill. Adm. Code 2000).
2) Fees must be paid prior to receiving Direct Access On-line Services and are non-refundable once the Department has accepted the contract. Acceptance shall be evidenced once the contract has been signed by the Director of the Department of Business Services.
e) New Practices and Technologies. The filing officer is authorized to adopt practices and procedures to accomplish receipt, processing, maintenance, retrieval and transmission of, and remote access to, Article 9 Part 5 of the UCC filing data by means of electronic, voice, optical and/or other technologies, and without limiting the foregoing, to maintain and operate, in addition to or in lieu of a paper-based system, a non-paper-based filing system utilizing any such technologies. In developing and utilizing technologies and practices, the filing officer shall, to the greatest extent feasible, take into account compatibility and consistency with, and, whenever possible, uniformity with, technologies, practices, policies and regulations adopted in connection with filing systems in other states.
(Source: Amended at 32 Ill. Reg. 12057, effective July 16, 2008)