TITLE 11: ALCOHOL, HORSE RACING, LOTTERY, AND VIDEO GAMING
SUBTITLE D: VIDEO GAMING
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS GAMING BOARD
PART 1800 VIDEO GAMING (GENERAL)
SECTION 1800.430 PERSONS WITH SIGNIFICANT INFLUENCE OR CONTROL
Section 1800.430 Persons with Significant Influence or Control
a) The Administrator shall identify each person that holds a position or level of influence over or control in each applicant or licensee that is significant to the regulatory concerns and obligations of the Board for the specified applicant or licensee.
b) Each person identified as a person with significant influence or control shall comply with the following:
1) Cooperate fully with any investigation conducted by or on behalf of the Board;
2) Comply with the Act and this Part; and
3) Submit initial and annual disclosure information on forms provided by the Board.
c) An owner or person with significant influence or control of a terminal operator shall not play any video gaming terminal owned or leased by the terminal operator at any operating licensed location for recreational purposes.
d) Persons with significant influence or control include, but are not limited, to the following:
1) Each person in whose name the liquor license is maintained for each licensed video gaming location;
2) Each person directly owning an applicant or licensee;
3) Each person who holds an indirect ownership interest of at least 5 percent in an applicant or licensee;
4) Each person who, in the opinion of the Administrator, has the ability to influence or control the activities of the applicant or licensee or elect a majority of its board of directors, other than a bank or other licensed lending institution that holds a mortgage or other lien, or any other source of funds, acquired in the ordinary course of business;
5) Persons having the power to exercise significant influence or control over decisions concerning any part of the applicant's or licensee's video gaming operation;
6) Any person or business entity receiving any net terminal income pursuant to a contractual agreement;
7) Any person or business entity holding an option agreement to acquire an equity stake in a terminal operator licensee;
8) Any person employed or designated by a terminal operator as a progressive jackpot coordinator.
e) The prohibition against gaming by persons with significant influence or control in a licensed nonprofit establishment, licensed fraternal establishment or licensed veterans establishment does not apply unless the person with significant influence or control directly manages the establishment's video gaming operation.
(Source: Amended at 44 Ill. Reg. 3205, effective February 7, 2020)