TITLE 8: AGRICULTURE AND ANIMALS
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
SUBCHAPTER e: FERTILIZERS
PART 215 ANHYDROUS AMMONIA, LOW PRESSURE NITROGEN SOLUTIONS, EQUIPMENT, CONTAINERS, AND STORAGE FACILITIES
SECTION 215.275 SYSTEMS MOUNTED ON VEHICLES AND IMPLEMENTS OF HUSBANDRY FOR THE TRANSPORTATION OF NITROGEN FERTILIZER SOLUTIONS
Section 215.275 Systems Mounted on Vehicles and Implements of Husbandry for the Transportation of Nitrogen Fertilizer Solutions
a) This section applies to containers of 3,000-gallon capacity or less and pertinent equipment (piping, valves and gauges attached to the container) mounted on vehicles and implements of husbandry used for the transportation of nitrogen fertilizer solutions. 8 Ill. Adm. Code Section 215.215 applies to this section.
b) Mounting Containers.
1) A hold-down device shall be provided which will anchor the container at one or more places on each side of the container to the vehicle to prevent its dislodging in event of any sudden stop or start.
2) When containers are mounted on four-wheel trailers, care shall be taken to insure that the weight is evenly distributed over both axles.
3) When the cradle and the tank are dissimilar metals, material which will not deteriorate with weather or create friction shall be used between to eliminate metal-to-metal contact.
c) Container, Valves and Accessories.
1) Each container shall be equipped with a liquid level gauging device.
2) If a liquid withdrawal line is installed in the bottom of the container, the connections thereto, including hose, shall not be lower than the lowest horizontal edge of the vehicle axle.
3) Both ends of the hose shall be secured while in transit.
d) Implements of Husbandry.
1) Implements of husbandry are defined in the Illinois Vehicle Code, Ch. 95½, Para. 1-130.
2) All trailers shall be securely attached to the vehicle drawing them supplemented by safety chains of sufficient size and strength to prevent the towed vehicle parting from the drawing vehicle in the case the drawbar should break or become disengaged.
3) A trailer shall be constructed so that it will follow in the path of the towing vehicle and will prevent the towed vehicle from slipping or swerving dangerously from side to side.
4) All nitrogen fertilizer system vehicles shall carry at least 5 gallons of clean water.