TITLE 8: AGRICULTURE AND ANIMALS
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
SUBCHAPTER e: FERTILIZERS
PART 215 ANHYDROUS AMMONIA, LOW PRESSURE NITROGEN SOLUTIONS, EQUIPMENT, CONTAINERS, AND STORAGE FACILITIES
SECTION 215.270 SYSTEMS MOUNTED ON TRUCKS, SEMI-TRAILERS AND TRAILERS FOR TRANSPORTATION OF NITROGEN FERTILIZER SOLUTIONS
Section 215.270 Systems Mounted on Trucks, Semi-trailers and Trailers for Transportation of Nitrogen Fertilizer Solutions
a) 8 Ill. Adm. Code Section 215.215 applies to this section.
b) Mounting Containers on Trucks.
1) Stops (wood or metal blocks) shall be mounted on the truck, semi-trailer, trailer, or on the container in such a way that the container shall not be dislodged from its mounting due to the vehicle coming to a sudden stop. Back slippage shall also be prevented.
2) Hold-down devices shall anchor the container to the cradle, frame, or chassis in a manner to prevent the container from rolling or bouncing off the vehicle and that will not create undue concentration of stress.
3) Any truck or trailer designed so that the container or containers constitute in whole or part the stress member of the chassis of the vehicle in lieu of a frame shall be constructed to withstand the additional stresses which are imposed. Cradles, when welded, shall be welded to the container by a welder who is registered under The Code and shall be designed to withstand a force in any direction equal to two (2) times the weight of the container when filled with nitrogen fertilizer solution.
4) If a liquid withdrawal line is installed in the bottom of a container, the connections thereto, including hose, shall not be lower than the lowest horizontal edge of the trailer axle.
5) Both ends of the hose shall be secured while in transit.
6) When the cradle and the tank are not welded together, material which will not deteriorate with weather or create a friction shall be used between them to eliminate metal-to-metal friction.