TITLE 8: AGRICULTURE AND ANIMALS
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
SUBCHAPTER e: FERTILIZERS
PART 215 ANHYDROUS AMMONIA, LOW PRESSURE NITROGEN SOLUTIONS, EQUIPMENT, CONTAINERS, AND STORAGE FACILITIES
SECTION 215.205 DEFINITIONS
Section 215.205 Definitions
a) The terms defined in 8 Ill. Adm. Code Section 215.15 shall pertain to the rules in this Subpart. The term "nitrogen fertilizer solution" should be substituted in lieu of the term "anhydrous ammonia" where it appears in those definitions.
b) In addition to terms defined in 8 Ill. Adm. Code Section 215.15, the following terms shall apply to this Subpart:
1) "Closed system" refers to a transfer system which will return displaced vapor to the tank from which the liquid is being discharged.
2) "Filling volume" is defined as the percent ratio of the liquid in a container to the volume of the container.
3) "Free vented" as used means the system is permanently open to the atmosphere. No shutoff or check valve is allowed in such opening.
4) "Hold-down devices" refers to chains or metal straps or cables.
5) "Hold to a minimum" means the product should be loaded in anticipation of sale into the nurse tanks and delivered to the consumer for use without being stored in nurse tanks waiting for a consumer order.
6) "Nitrogen fertilizer solutions" refers to compounds (ammonium nitrate, urea, sodium nitrate, and other nitrogen carriers) formed by the combination of free ammonia and water with or without other nitrogen salts. Nitrogen fertilizer solutions includes all liquid containing more than 2% free ammonia and/or having 5 psig. It does not include material containing over 1% of phosphorous and/or potassium which is used as plant food.
7) "Pressure vented" is a system equipped with a pressure relief valve or a combination pressure-vacuum relief valve.
8) "Vacuum" refers to ounces per square inch of pressure below atmospheric pressure.
9) "Vapor pressure," unless otherwise specified, shall refer to the pressure developed by the solution at temperature specified.