TITLE 2: GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION SUBTITLE D: CODE DEPARTMENTS
CHAPTER XVIII: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
PART 1127 ACCESS TO RECORDS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SECTION 1127.502 FEES FOR RECORDS
Section 1127.502 Fees for Records
a) In accordance with Section 1127.503 of this Part, unless a fee is otherwise fixed by statute, the Agency will provide copies of records and certifications of records in accordance with the fee schedule set forth in Appendix A.
b) In calculating its actual cost for reproducing records or for the use of the equipment of the Agency to reproduce records, the Agency shall not include the costs of any search for and review of the records or other personnel costs associated with reproducing the records. (Section 6(b) of FOIA)
c) In order to expedite the copying of records that the Agency cannot copy, due to the volume of the request or the operational needs of the Agency, in the timelines established in Section 1127.401 of this Part, the requester may provide, at the requester's expense, the copy machine, all necessary materials, and the labor to copy the public records at the Agency headquarters in Section 1127.501, or at another location agreed to by both the Agency and the requester.
d) Copies of records will be provided to the requester only upon payment of any fees due. If payment is not received within 60 days after the Agency has notified the requester of the fees, the Agency shall consider the request withdrawn.
e) The Agency may charge the requester for the actual cost of purchasing the recording medium, whether disc, diskette, tape, or other medium, but the Agency may not charge the requester for the costs of any search for and review of the records or other personnel costs associated with reproducing the records. (Section 6(a) of FOIA) Payment must be by check or money order sent to the Agency, payable to "Treasurer, State of Illinois".
f) If a contractor is used to inspect or copy records, the following procedures shall apply:
1) The requester, rather than the Agency, must contract with the contractor;
2) The requester is responsible for all fees charged by the contractor;
3) The requester must notify the Agency of the contractor to be used prior to the scheduled on-site inspection or copying;
4) Only Agency personnel may provide records to the contractor;
5) The Agency must have verification that the requester has paid the Agency, if payment is due, for the copying of the records before providing the records to the contractor; and
6) The requester must provide to the Agency the contractor's written agreement to hold the records secure, to copy the records only for the purpose stated by the requester, and to return the records at a specified date and time.