|Public Act 099-0079|
|SB0045 Enrolled||LRB099 00241 HEP 20246 b|
AN ACT concerning civil law.
Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
represented in the General Assembly:
This Act may be cited as the
Depositions and Discovery Act.
In this Act:
(1) "Foreign jurisdiction" means a state other than this
(2) "Foreign subpoena" means a subpoena issued under
authority of a court of record of a foreign jurisdiction.
(3) "Person" means an individual, corporation, business
trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company,
association, joint venture, public corporation, government, or
governmental subdivision, agency or instrumentality, or any
other legal or commercial entity.
(4) "State" means a state of the United States, the
District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin
Islands, a federally recognized Indian tribe, or any territory
or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United
(5) "Subpoena" means a document, however denominated,
issued under authority of a court of record requiring a person