|Public Act 095-0168
||LRB095 06954 NHT 27073 b
AN ACT concerning education.
Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
represented in the General Assembly:
The School Code is amended by changing Section
27-17 as follows:
(105 ILCS 5/27-17)
(from Ch. 122, par. 27-17)
School boards of public
schools and all boards in charge of
supported wholly or partially by the State may
instruction in safety education in all grades and include such
instruction in the courses of study regularly taught therein.
In this section "safety education" means and includes
1. automobile safety, including traffic regulations
, and the consequences of alcohol consumption and
the operation of a motor vehicle
2. safety in the home;
3. safety in connection with recreational activities;
4. safety in and around school buildings;
5. safety in connection with vocational work or training;
6. cardio-pulmonary resuscitation for pupils enrolled in
grades 9 through 11.