Information maintained by the Legislative Reference Bureau
Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process. Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public Acts soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the Guide.

Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes, statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect. If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes made to the current law.

(60 ILCS 1/) Township Code.

60 ILCS 1/285-10

    (60 ILCS 1/285-10)
    Sec. 285-10. Use of moneys.
    (a) Moneys paid to the township supervisor under subsection (a) of Section 285-5, may be appropriated and expended for defraying the general charges and expenses of the township; for laying out, making, and repairing the roads and bridges of the township and purchasing materials, implements, and machinery for those undertakings; for the maintenance and operation of open spaces; and for the payment of any outstanding orders, all in the manner and proportions the legal voters of the township determine at their annual township meeting or special township meeting duly called for that purpose.
    (b) Moneys in the hands of the township supervisor under subsection (b) of Section 285-5 may be appropriated and expended only for purposes relating to the purposes for which the bonds were issued.
(Source: P.A. 93-1025, eff. 8-25-04.)

60 ILCS 1/285-15

    (60 ILCS 1/285-15)
    Sec. 285-15. Payment to highway commissioner. Whenever a township board that obtains or receives surplus moneys under Section 285-5 determines by resolution that a particular amount or portion of the surplus moneys be paid to the highway commissioner of the township for road and bridge purposes as provided in Section 285-10, the township supervisor shall pay that amount to the highway commissioner of the township and take the highway commissioner's receipt for the payment.
(Source: P.A. 82-783; 88-62.)