(C) is not readily accessible to the public.
(7) "Court" means a court of competent jurisdiction.
(8) "Custodian" means a person that carries, maintains, processes, receives, or stores a digital asset of a user.
(9) "Designated recipient" means a person chosen by a user using an online tool to administer digital assets of the user.
(10) "Digital asset" means an electronic record in which an individual has a right or interest. The term does not include an underlying asset or liability unless the asset or liability is itself an electronic record.
(11) "Electronic" means relating to technology having electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical, electromagnetic, or similar capabilities.
(12) "Electronic communication" has the meaning set forth in 18 U.S.C. Section 2510(12), as amended.
(13) "Electronic communication service" means a custodian that provides to a user the ability to send or receive an electronic communication.
(14) "Fiduciary" means an original, additional, or successor personal representative, guardian, agent, or trustee.
(15) "Information" means data, text, images, videos, sounds, codes, computer programs, software, databases, or the like.
(16) "Online tool" means an electronic service provided by a custodian that allows a user in an agreement distinct from the terms-of-service agreement between the custodian and user, to provide directions for disclosure or nondisclosure of digital assets to a third person.
(17) "Person" means an individual, estate, business or nonprofit entity, public corporation, government or governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or other legal entity.
(18) "Personal representative" means an executor, administrator, special administrator, or person that performs substantially the same function under law of this state other than this Act.
(19) "Power of attorney" means a record that grants an agent authority to act in the place of a principal.
(20) "Principal" means an individual who grants authority to an agent in a power of attorney.
(21) "Person with a disability" means an individual for whom a guardian has been appointed. The term includes an individual for whom an application for the appointment of a guardian is pending.
(22) "Record" means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form.
(23) "Remote-computing service" means a custodian that provides to a user computer-processing services or the storage of digital assets by means of an electronic communications system, as defined in 18 U.S.C. Section 2510(14), as amended.
(24) "Terms-of-service agreement" means an agreement that controls the relationship between a user and a custodian.
(25) "Trustee" means a fiduciary with legal title to property under an agreement or declaration that creates a beneficial interest in another. The term includes a successor trustee.
(26) "User" means a person that has an account with a custodian.
(27) "Will" includes a codicil, testamentary instrument that only appoints an executor, and instrument that revokes or revises a testamentary instrument.
(Source: P.A. 99-775, eff. 8-12-16.)