(815 ILCS 375/3)
(from Ch. 121 1/2, par. 563)
(a) Every retail installment contract must be in writing, dated,
signed by both the buyer and the seller, and, except as otherwise provided
in this Act, completed as to all essential provisions before it is signed
by the buyer.
(b) The printed or typed portion of the contract, other than
instructions for completion, must be in size equal to at least 8 point
(c) The contract must contain printed or written in a size equal to at
least 10 point bold type:
(1) Both at the top of the contract and directly above the space
reserved for the signature of the buyer, the words "RETAIL INSTALLMENT
(2) A specific statement that liability insurance coverage for bodily
injury and property damage caused to others is not included, if that is the
(3) A notice as follows:
"Notice to the buyer.
1. Do not sign this agreement before you read it or if it contains any
2. You are entitled to an exact copy of the agreement you sign.
3. Under the law you have the right, among others, to pay in advance the
full amount due and to obtain under certain conditions a partial refund of
the finance charge."
(Source: P.A. 76-1781.)