(815 ILCS 370/3)
(from Ch. 5, par. 1703)
As used in this Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "ASTM" means ASTM International, an international,
nonprofit, technical, scientific and educational society devoted to the
promotion of knowledge of the materials of engineering, and the standardization
of specifications and methods of testing.
(2) "Motor Fuel" shall have the meaning ascribed to that term in Section
1.1 of the "Motor Fuel Tax Law", as now or hereafter amended.
(3) "Petroleum" means all illuminating oils, heating oils, LP gas,
kerosene, gasoline, diesel and all volatile and inflammable liquids
produced, blended or compounded for the purpose of, or which are suitable
or practicable for, operating motor vehicles.
(4) "Department" means the Illinois Department of Agriculture.
(5) "Person" means an individual, a corporation, company, society,
association, partnership or governmental entity.
(6) "Distributor" shall have the meaning ascribed to that term in Section
1.2 of the "Motor Fuel Tax Law", as now or hereafter amended, and any
person who either produces, refines, blends, transports, compounds or
manufactures petroleum in this State for the purposes of resale.
(7) "Director" means the Director of the Illinois Department of
Agriculture or authorized designee.
(8) "Retailer" shall have the meaning ascribed to that term in Section
2 of the "Use Tax Act", as now or hereafter amended and any person
engaged in the business of selling petroleum directly to the ultimate consumer.
(9) "Co-solvent" means an alcohol that is miscible with methanol and
has a molecular weight equal to or greater than that of butanol.
(Source: P.A. 96-1333, eff. 7-27-10.)