(815 ILCS 308/45)
Consumer disclosures; guarantees; warranties.
(a) If a collision repair facility provides a warranty on repair parts and
labor, the facility
shall put the warranty in writing and give a legible copy to the consumer. The
consumer's copy of
the warranty must contain the following:
(1) The nature and extent of the warranty, including
a description of parts and service included in or excluded from the warranty.
(2) The duration of the warranty and the requirements
to be performed by the warrantee before the warrantor will fulfill the warranty.
(3) All conditions and limitations of the warranty
and the manner in which the warrantor will fulfill the warranty, such as by repair, replacement, or refund.
(4) Any options of the warrantor or warrantee.
(5) The warrantor's identity and address.
(b) When repair or diagnostic work is performed pursuant to a warranty, a
repair facility shall give an estimate of the time to complete repairs.
(Source: P.A. 93-565, eff. 1-1-04.)