(815 ILCS 306/55)
Consumer disclosures; guarantees; warranties.
(a) If a motor vehicle repair facility provides a warranty on repair parts
and labor, the facility shall put the warranty in writing and give a legible
copy to the consumer. The consumer's copy of the warranty must contain the
(1) The nature and extent of the warranty, including
a description of parts or service included in or excluded from the warranty.
(2) The duration of the warranty and the requirements
to be performed by the warrantee before the warrantor will fulfill the warranty.
(3) All conditions and limitations of the warranty
and the manner in which the warrantor will fulfill the warranty, such as by repair, replacement, or refund.
(4) Any options of the warrantor or warrantee.
(5) The warrantor's identity and address.
(b) When repair or diagnostic work is performed pursuant to a warranty, a
motor vehicle repair facility shall give an estimate of the time to complete
(Source: P.A. 90-426, eff. 1-1-98.)