(805 ILCS 5/4.20)
(from Ch. 32, par. 4.20)
Change and cancellation of assumed corporate name.
(a) Any domestic or foreign corporation may, pursuant to resolution by
its board of directors, change or cancel any or all of its assumed
corporate names by executing and filing, in accordance with Section 1.10 of
this Act, an application setting forth:
(1) The true corporate name.
(2) The state or country under the laws of which it
(3) That it intends to cease transacting business
under an assumed corporate name by changing or cancelling it.
(4) The assumed corporate name to be changed from or
(5) If the assumed corporate name is to be changed,
the assumed corporate name that the corporation proposes to use.
(b) Upon the filing of an application to change an assumed corporate
name, the corporation shall have the right to use the assumed corporate
name for the balance of the period authorized by subsection (d) of
(c) The right to use an assumed corporate name shall be cancelled by the
Secretary of State:
(1) If the corporation fails to renew an assumed
(2) If the corporation has filed an application to
change or cancel an assumed corporate name.
(3) If a domestic corporation has been dissolved.
(4) If a foreign corporation has had its authority to
do business in this State revoked.
(Source: P.A. 96-66, eff. 1-1-10.)