(775 ILCS 40/35)
The Commission shall have the following
duties and powers:
(1) To establish the criteria and screening process
to be used to determine which cases shall be accepted for review.
(2) To conduct inquiries into claims of torture.
(3) To coordinate the investigation of cases accepted
(4) To maintain records for all case investigations.
(5) To prepare written reports outlining Commission
investigations and recommendations to the trial court at the completion of each inquiry.
(6) To apply for and accept any funds that may become
available for the Commission's work from government grants, private gifts, donations, or bequests from any source.
(Source: P.A. 99-688, eff. 7-29-16.)