(6) "Holder" means the grantee of an environmental covenant as specified in Section 3(a).
(7) "Person" means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, public corporation, government, governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity.
(8) "Prior interest" means a preceding or senior interest, in time or in right, that is recorded with respect to the real property, including but not limited to a mortgage, easement, or other interest, lien, or encumbrance predating the recording of an environmental covenant.
(9) "Record", used as a noun, means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form.
(10) "State" means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
(Source: P.A. 95-845, eff. 1-1-09.)