(750 ILCS 22/701)
In this Article:
(1) "Application" means a request under the
Convention by an obligee or obligor, or on behalf of a child, made through a central authority for assistance from another central authority.
(2) "Central authority" means the entity designated
by the United States or a foreign country described in Section 102(5)(D) to perform the functions specified in the Convention.
(3) "Convention support order" means a support order
of a tribunal of a foreign country described in Section 102(5)(D).
(4) "Direct request" means a petition filed by an
individual in a tribunal of this State in a proceeding involving an obligee, obligor, or child residing outside the United States.
(5) "Foreign central authority" means the entity
designated by a foreign country described in Section 102(5)(D) to perform the functions specified in the Convention.
(6) "Foreign support agreement":
(A) means an agreement for support in a record
(i) is enforceable as a support order in the
(ii) has been:
(I) formally drawn up or registered as
an authentic instrument by a foreign tribunal; or
(II) authenticated by, or concluded,
registered, or filed with a foreign tribunal; and
(iii) may be reviewed and modified by a
(B) includes a maintenance arrangement or
authentic instrument under the Convention.
(7) "United States central authority" means the
Secretary of the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
(Source: P.A. 99-119, eff. 1-1-16