(750 ILCS 22/615)
    Sec. 615. Jurisdiction to modify child-support order of foreign country.
    (a) Except as otherwise provided in Section 711, if a foreign country lacks or refuses to exercise jurisdiction to modify its child-support order pursuant to its laws, a tribunal of this State may assume jurisdiction to modify the child-support order and bind all individuals subject to the personal jurisdiction of the tribunal whether the consent to modification of a child-support order otherwise required of the individual pursuant to Section 611 has been given or whether the individual seeking modification is a resident of this State or of the foreign country.
    (b) An order issued by a tribunal of this State modifying a foreign child-support order pursuant to this Section is the controlling order.
(Source: P.A. 99-119, eff. 1-1-16.)