(750 ILCS 22/502)
Employer's compliance with income-withholding order of another
(a) Upon receipt of an income-withholding order, the obligor's employer
shall immediately provide a copy of the order to the obligor.
(b) The employer shall treat an income-withholding order issued in another
state which appears regular on its face as if it had been issued by a tribunal
of this State.
(c) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (d) and Section 503,
the employer shall withhold and distribute the funds as directed in the
withholding order by complying with terms of the order which specify:
(1) the duration and amount of periodic payments of
current child-support, stated as a sum certain;
(2) the person designated to receive payments and the
address to which the payments are to be forwarded;
(3) medical support, whether in the form of periodic
cash payment, stated as a sum certain, or ordering the obligor to provide health insurance coverage for the child under a policy available through the obligor's employment;
(4) the amount of periodic payments of fees and costs
for a support enforcement agency, the issuing tribunal, and the obligee's attorney, stated as sums certain; and
(5) the amount of periodic payments of arrearages and
interest on arrearages, stated as sums certain.
(d) An employer shall comply with the law of the state of the obligor's
principal place of employment for withholding from income with respect to:
(1) the employer's fee for processing an
(2) the maximum amount permitted to be withheld from
the obligor's income; and
(3) the times within which the employer must
implement the withholding order and forward the child-support payment.
(Source: P.A. 99-119, eff. 1-1-16