(705 ILCS 85/1) (from Ch. 116, par. 1)
    Sec. 1. Whenever the record of any judgment or order, or other proceeding, of any judicial court of this State, or any part of the record of any judicial proceeding, shall have been or shall hereafter be lost or destroyed, any party or person interested therein may, on application by petition, in writing, under oath, to such court, and on showing, to the satisfaction of such court, that the same has been lost or destroyed without fault or neglect of the party or person making such application, obtain an order from such court, authorizing such defect to be supplied by a duly certified copy of such original record, where the same can be obtained; which certified copy shall, thereafter, have the same effect as such original record would have had, in all respects.
(Source: P.A. 79-1366.)