(625 ILCS 5/8-102)
(from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 8-102)
Alternate methods of giving proof.
Proof of financial
responsibility, when required under Section 8-101 or 8-101.1, may be given
by filing with the Secretary of State one of the following:
1. A bond as provided in Section 8-103;
2. An insurance policy or other proof of insurance in a form to be
prescribed by the Secretary as provided in Section 8-108;
3. A certificate of self-insurance issued by the Director;
4. A certificate of self-insurance issued to the Regional Transportation
Authority by the Director naming municipal or non-municipal public carriers
5. A certificate of coverage issued by an intergovernmental risk management
association evidencing coverages which meet or exceed the amounts required
under this Code.
(Source: P.A. 86-444.)