(625 ILCS 5/13C-45)
(a) The Agency may enter into contracts with one or more responsible parties to construct and operate official inspection stations, provide and maintain approved test equipment, administer tests, certify results, issue emission inspection stickers or certificates, maintain records, train personnel, provide information to the public concerning the program, or to otherwise further the goals of this Chapter.
(b) In preparing its proposals for bidding by potential contractors, the Agency shall endeavor to include provisions relating to the following factors:
(1) The demonstrated financial responsibility of the
(2) The specialized experience and technical
competence of the potential contractor in connection with the type of services required and the complexity of the project.
(3) The potential contractor's past record of
performance on contracts with the Agency, with other government agencies or public bodies, and with private industry, including such items as cost, quality of work, and ability to meet schedules.
(4) The capacity of the potential contractor to
perform the work within the time limitations.
(5) The familiarity of the potential contractor with
the types of problems applicable to the project.
(6) The potential contractor's proposed method to
accomplish the work required, including where appropriate any demonstrated capability of exploring and developing innovative or advanced techniques and methods.
(7) Avoidance of personal and organizational
conflicts of interest prohibited under federal, State, or local law.
(8) The potential contractor's present and prior
involvement in the community and in the State of Illinois.
(Source: P.A. 94-526, eff. 1-1-06.)