(625 ILCS 5/13C-10)
(a) The Agency shall establish a program to begin February 1, 2007, to reduce the emission of pollutants by motor vehicles. This program shall be a replacement for and continuation of the program established under the Vehicle Emissions Inspection Law of 1995, Chapter 13B of this Code.
At a minimum, this program shall provide for all of the following:
(1) The inspection of certain motor vehicles every 2
years, as required under Section 13C-15.
(2) The establishment and operation of official
(3) The designation of official test equipment and
(4) The training and supervision of inspectors and
(5) Procedures to assure the correct operation,
maintenance, and calibration of test equipment.
(6) Procedures for certifying test results and for
reporting and maintaining relevant data and records.
(7) The funding of alternate fuel rebates and grants
as authorized by Section 30 of the Alternate Fuels Act.
(b) The Agency shall provide for the operation of a sufficient number of official inspection stations to prevent undue difficulty for motorists to obtain the inspections required under this Chapter. In the event that the Agency operates inspection stations or contracts with one or more parties to operate inspection stations on its behalf, the Agency shall endeavor to: (i) locate the stations so that the owners of vehicles subject to inspection reside within 12 miles of an official inspection station; and (ii) have sufficient inspection capacity at the stations so that the usual wait before the start of an inspection does not exceed 15 minutes.
(Source: P.A. 98-24, eff. 6-19-13.)