(625 ILCS 5/12-218)
Auxiliary accent lighting on motorcycles.
(a) A motorcycle registered in this State may be equipped with, and a person operating the motorcycle may use, standard bulb running lights or light-emitting diode (L.E.D.) pods and strips as auxiliary lighting with the intent of protecting the driver.
(b) Auxiliary lighting authorized under subsection (a) of this Section:
(1) shall not project a beam of light of an
intensity greater than 25 candlepower or its equivalent from a single lamp or single light-emitting diode (L.E.D.);
(2) shall not be directed horizontally;
(3) shall be so directed that no part of the beam
will strike the level of the surface on which the motorcycle stands at a distance of more than 10 feet from the motorcycle;
(4) shall be directed towards the ground;
(5) shall not emit red or blue light;
(6) shall not be:
(C) oscillating; or
(D) rotating; and
(7) shall not be attached to the wheels of the
(Source: P.A. 99-242, eff. 8-3-15