(605 ILCS 120/30)
Responsibilities of the sponsoring jurisdiction.
sponsoring jurisdiction shall:
(1) determine the specific section of right-of-way
(2) erect a sign that conforms with Section 35 at
each end of an adopted section with the name or acronym of the group displayed;
(3) provide a group with garbage bags;
(4) provide a group with safety apparel and signs
cautioning the public, if required by the sponsoring jurisdiction; and
(5) remove filled garbage bags from an adopted
section as soon as practical after litter collection has occurred, and shall otherwise be responsible for removing litter from adopted sections only under unusual circumstances such as to remove large, heavy, or hazardous items.
(Source: P.A. 87-1118.)