(605 ILCS 5/4-502) (from Ch. 121, par. 4-502)
    Sec. 4-502. When the Department deems it necessary to build, widen, alter, relocate or straighten any ditch, drain or watercourse in order to drain or protect any highway or highway structure it is authorized to construct, maintain or operate, it may acquire the necessary property, or such interest or right therein as may be required, by gift or purchase or, if the compensation or damages cannot be agreed upon, by the exercise of the right of eminent domain under the eminent domain laws of this State. The Department shall not be required to furnish bond in any eminent domain proceeding.
(Source: Laws 1959, p. 196.)